Velodrome News and Training Tips


Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pictures from 2006 Masters Track Natz

A friend of ours took a ton of really great photos of my racing in Colorado, so I thought I'd share some of them. It is a little weird that they're all of me (my humility statement), but it is my blog, so here they are.

Oh yeah, another weird thing. After looking at the pix, I realized that my memory of my final sprint was very different than what really happened. What I remembered was passing Bill Zeigler near turn three, dropping into the pole and then bobbling out again with him retaking the pole. It appears that I never did get into the pole. Interesting.

This first series is of the 200m tt to seed for the sprints. It was very fun riding a track this fast. I've seen 40+ mph on my speedo behind the motor at Hellyer, but this was the first time I've done it on my own.




This next series is my final sprint with Bill. The first two are coming out of turn four into the bell lap where he decided he wanted the front. From here, he dropped into the pole, slowly bringing the speed up. He stayed in front into turns one and two.





The sprint is now engaged as I start my acceleration coming out of turn two.




Starting to pass going into turn three.








Through turn three.....




......and into four. Riding a little too high here.




Finally down where I should be coming out of four.




Out of four and to the finish. Sure am glad that's over!




The next two photos are during the 500 meter time trial. Both were taken about the same spot on the track, with the first being right after the start and the second near the finish. I started on the back side and finished on the front, so this is somewhere in turn four.






And finally, the obligatory podium shot, followed by a couple of shots of my wonderful wife and "coach". Not everyone gets to kiss his coach. Like last year, her advice was to go fast and don't fall down. Good advise.









Thanks for reading.

Kevin

posted by Kevin Worley @ 4:55 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home