Velodrome News and Training Tips


Thursday, September 15, 2005

Natz Pictures

Several folks asked if I had any pictures from Track Nationals, so here are a few. I tried to add them to the previous blog, but I just couldn't them to go in the way I wanted - I just need more experience working with the blog set up. So, anyway, here are some pix.

This is the Major Taylor Velodrome in Indianapolis. A very nice track!





Getting ready for the 500 meter time trial.



5,4,3,2,1....................



And here's what the hard work is all about. Even though I didn't have a great ride, it turned out a-ok.



With my mom :)



Day two - here's some of my support crew: my mom, my sister-in-law Janice, and my beautiful and wonderful wife Anne. Anne was also my coach during the week in Indy, with the best advice a coach can give - go fast!



Day two for me was full of Match Sprints. One in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in evening. This first photo is just before my first semi-final ride with Bob Pelegrin. Sitting in the "on deck" chairs.



This next picture is just before the start of our first ride. I drew the upper position. John Simmons is holding me. John was invaluable during these rides. Lots of encouragement and good ideas.



"So start, already" In the 2nd ride with Bob, we switched starting positions. I asked John to hold me for a few seconds before pushing me off at the starting whistle. Since the bottom rider is obligated to lead out the first half lap, Bob's coach, Mark Whitehead, is wondering why I wasn't starting.



Finally, off to ride number two.



Our second semi-final ride was VERY close. When I threw my bike at the finish, I was pretty sure I had won, but didn't realize just how close it did turn out. The finish camera decided the outcome.



I thought this was a good picture, not only of another one of the Hellyer trackies, and my friend, Warren Geissert, but also some more of the area around the velodrome - the BMX track is in the background



Ok, on to the sprint for gold and silver medals. Here's Patrick Gellineau and I in the first turn of ride one. A couple of old track butts.



The final win. A little blurry, but I think Anne was just a little excited that I was about to win my 2nd gold medal of the week.



One last podium photo op - the top five 50-54 year old match sprinters at this year's Masters Nationals.



A happy Hellyer crew, from left to right: Mark Rodamaker, 55-59 Match Sprints, Warren Geissert, 3rd in the 45-49 Sprints this evening, but part of the gold medal 135+ Team Sprint team later in the week, yours truly, and Leo Menistrina, 60-64 Points race.



And that's all folks. Thanks for taking time to look at the photos and listen to my stories. As my coach says, go fast, and ride safe.

Kevin












posted by Kevin Worley @ 7:51 AM   1 comments

1 Comments:

112681343938552649 At 12:43 PM, Blogger Steven Woo said...

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home